The Wicketz Community Cricket Program is our case study of note in episode six of #AskAsh. Ashley Appleby rolls out a bespoke blue Wicketz Multi Age Pitch (MAP) as supplied to Lords Taverners Wicketz programme, targeting young people aged 8-16 living in areas of deprivation and hard-to-reach groups without access to sporting opportunities and the benefits sport can bring.
By establishing sustainable hubs, the Wicketz Community Cricket Program provides year-round weekly cricket sessions with a focus on developing crucial life skills and now 6 UK locations have access to a 2G Flicx Pitch which they use to spread powerful messages and create opportunities through sport.
WATCH #AskAsh Episode 6
A complete list of the #AskAsh vlogs
- Episode 13 | Growing Cricket in Schools with the Surrey Cricket Foundation (Click Here)
- Episode 12 | 2G Flicx Pitch big hits of 2018 (Click Here)
- Episode 11 | How to get your 2G Flicx Pitch to flatten more quickly (Click Here)
- Episode 10 | Clipping a 2G Flicx Pitch together (Click Here)
- Episode 9 | Fundraising and Cricket Uruguay (Click Here)
- Episode 8 | How long does a 2G Flicx Pitch last? (Click Here)
- Episode 7 | Transporting and Storing a 2G Flicx Pitch (Click Here)
- Episode 6 | Wicketz Community Cricket Program (Click Here)
- Episode 5 | Your logo printed on a cricket pitch! (Click Here)
- Episode 4 | Coaching Cricket on the 2G Flicx Skills Pitch (Click Here)
- Episode 3 | Preparing your ground for the new Cricket season (Click Here)
- Episode 2 | Ideas to boost junior cricket participation (Click Here)
- Episode 1 | How to use the 2G Flicx Pitch for Indoor Winter Nets (Click Here)
To watch the latest 2G Flicx Pitch videos, subscribe to our channel on You Tube or ensure you are following us on social media. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.