If your club or school is looking to create extra capacity to host more junior cricket in other ways you need to boost your junior participation, then take a watch of our second episode of #AskAsh …
Business Development Manager Ashley Appleby talks through our new 14 metre 2G Flicx Pitches (available in Blue, Green or Beige). These pitches can be rolled out onto the outfield to divide an oval into one, two, three or four junior pitches for matches or training thus taking traffic away from your first team square and exciting young players.
Boost your junior participation with Flicx Pitches
Smaller pitches and shorter boundaries mean more runs for batters and for bowlers they can now pitch the ball onto the wicket more easily thus these games see more action whilst increasing the skills of the players and generally creating a better experience, more likely to retain kids in the sport. Ultimately if clubs can boost junior participation then there is more chance that the game at all levels will flourish in the future.
The only ground preparation would be to cut the grass short on the outfield, then roll the pitches out (2G Flicx Pitches can also be laid on other sub surfaces). This process is very quick and easy whilst the pitch will negate an imperfections in the under surface and provide good pace and bounce. Clubs can now tap into junior participation programs and develop these basic skills into small matches whilst local schools could be invited to participate in tournaments or cricket festivals which is a great way to attract more players to the clubs whilst also potentially increasing sponsorship and F+B income. As your number of sides increases, more pitches can be purchased to house these additional teams and because the 2G Flicx Pitch is so versatile, these same pitches could be used indoors for winter nets.
More information about these new 2G Flicx 14 metres pitches and more ways to boost your junior participation will follow very soon at www.flicx.com or for instant information you can request a call back via firstname.lastname@example.org
A complete list of the #AskAsh vlogs
- Episode 13 | Growing Cricket in Schools with the Surrey Cricket Foundation (Click Here)
- Episode 12 | 2G Flicx Pitch big hits of 2018 (Click Here)
- Episode 11 | How to get your 2G Flicx Pitch to flatten more quickly (Click Here)
- Episode 10 | Clipping a 2G Flicx Pitch together (Click Here)
- Episode 9 | Fundraising and Cricket Uruguay (Click Here)
- Episode 8 | How long does a 2G Flicx Pitch last? (Click Here)
- Episode 7 | Transporting and Storing a 2G Flicx Pitch (Click Here)
- Episode 6 | Wicketz Community Cricket Program (Click Here)
- Episode 5 | Your logo printed on a cricket pitch! (Click Here)
- Episode 4 | Coaching Cricket on the 2G Flicx Skills Pitch (Click Here)
- Episode 3 | Preparing your ground for the new Cricket season (Click Here)
- Episode 2 | Ideas to boost junior cricket participation (Click Here)
- Episode 1 | How to use the 2G Flicx Pitch for Indoor Winter Nets (Click Here)