Looking for 2G Flicx Pitch demonstration?? Read and watch on … The 2G Flicx Pitch is the world’s most portable, versatile cricket wicket and enables you to host training and matches on a variety of surfaces and without the cost of a fine turf wicket. One of the most popular applications therefore is to convert grass fields, parks etc into cricketing venues with a roll out, roll up solution. Here Ashley Appleby, gives a “virtual” product demonstration highlighting the 2G Flicx Pitches key features and benefits (filmed at Wormsely Cricket Ground)
2G Flicx Pitch demonstration video (4 minutes, 30 seconds)
A 2G Flicx Match Pitch is delivered as two half pitch batting ends that clip together in the middle. You will notice each pitch roll is strapped together using two blue safety straps per pitch roll (positioned 30cm from each end). These straps have a feed and clasp system to ensure your pitch remains tightly bound. We recommend the two lose ends of the straps are tied together to prevent tripping and that you always bound your pitch together with these straps provided after each use. When you are clipping your pitch together note there is a system of male and female connectors. After clipping, no joins will be visible – it’s a seamless finish. Use the coloured tile to locate the middle of your 2G Flicx Pitch.
ALSO GOOD TO KNOW
- The 2G Flicx Pitch has a “memory” which helps mould /grip its feet to any under surface. After being rolled up for a long period of time, the pitch ends may curl up potentially causing a trip hazard. This will unroll back flat in time but to speed up the process you can bend the ends back on themselves (inwards).
- Both hard (leather cricket balls) and soft balls can be used on a 2G Flicx Pitch to support both junior and senior matches and training.
- A 2G Flicx Pitch is easy to transport and move using the Flicx Safety Trolley. A standard match pitch comes in two rolls each strapped together, weighing 67kgs. For ease of movement we recommend two people are deployed to move the pitch (although it is possible for one person to move alone). Pitches should be split down the middle then rolled up tightly before being moved. NB – Damage is only possible when the pitch is loosely rolled and allowed to lie horizontally.
- Both rubber cricket shoes and court shoes are fine to wear when playing on a 2G Flicx surface however we would recommend that you avoid wearing metal studs as they can damage the pitch as well as the possibility of getting them caught in the tiles. There is no problem at all if the players run on the pitch however it can get a little slippery when wet so care is advised.
- The 2G Flicx Pitch is an all weather pitch and will not affected by sun, rain or moisture. The tiles are porus and therefore surface water does not sit on the surfaces allowing more cricket to be played, more often.
- You are able to use your 2G Flicx Pitch on top of your main turf square allowing for matches
for 2nd/3rd teams, juniors etc ; keeping your 1st team wicket in tip top shape.
Ready to buy? View our product range online with UK customers able to purchase and overseas customers, just request a quote so we can arrange delivery with you…