In order to get maximum performance and longevity from your 2G Flicx Pitch, follow these top transporting and storing tips from our business development manager Ashley Appleby on the best ways to move and store your pitch.
In terms of rolling the pitch up ahead of storage, the first thing is after the match is to unzip the pitch into two batting ends (Each half is one 10 meter strip) … make sure that you have got your safety straps on hand as it’s virtually impossible to move the pitch on and off the field if it hasn’t been strapped up.
Top transporting tips
Says Ash “What I like to do is insert the straps (the buckle) sort of one foot from the end of the pitch so that it’s already in position by the time I roll it over. So place them under the pitch at both sides about a foot in, put the straps into position and then roll the pitch up from the crease towards the middle . Now the reason why that’s important is that when you use the pitch at your next match it allows you to then line up the two half batting ends together in the middle, clip them together and then roll them out to form your full match pitch.”
Quarter tiles on the ends of a 2G Flicx Pitch allow you to get a nice tight roll. It’s important to roll the pitch so that its straight so that you can get longevity out of the pitch. We’ve found that pitches that are loosely rolled and that are left to lie-down lying on its side when they’re rolled out into the middle they tend to be quite wavy so it’s quite important to get a nice and sort of firm tight roll initially, first up and then to make sure that pitch is rolled up straight.
Wearing safety gloves, is really important, we advise that you always use safety gloves when working with the Flicx pitch. Ash continues “So what I like to do when rolling the pitch up is just crab to both sides of the pitch just to see that the pitch is being rolled up straight and then you roll it over the buckles that you’ve already put in place and tighten them with the ratchet. Nice and easy!!”
A complete list of the #AskAsh vlogs
- Episode 13 | Growing Cricket in Schools with the Surrey Cricket Foundation (Click Here)
- Episode 12 | 2G Flicx Pitch big hits of 2018 (Click Here)
- Episode 11 | How to get your 2G Flicx Pitch to flatten more quickly (Click Here)
- Episode 10 | Clipping a 2G Flicx Pitch together (Click Here)
- Episode 9 | Fundraising and Cricket Uruguay (Click Here)
- Episode 8 | How long does a 2G Flicx Pitch last? (Click Here)
- Episode 7 | Transporting and Storing a 2G Flicx Pitch (Click Here)
- Episode 6 | Wicketz Community Cricket Program (Click Here)
- Episode 5 | Your logo printed on a cricket pitch! (Click Here)
- Episode 4 | Coaching Cricket on the 2G Flicx Skills Pitch (Click Here)
- Episode 3 | Preparing your ground for the new Cricket season (Click Here)
- Episode 2 | Ideas to boost junior cricket participation (Click Here)
- Episode 1 | How to use the 2G Flicx Pitch for Indoor Winter Nets (Click Here)