The Wicketz Community Cricket Programme #AskAsh Episode 6
The latest episode of #AskAsh features our partnership with Lord’s Taverners and their Wicketz Community Cricket Programme. Six of their Wicketz programmes now have access to a bespoke blue 2G Flicx Multi Aged Pitches (MAP) to help over come their facility challenges …
Wicketz is a community cricket programme targeting young people across the UK living in areas of deprivation and hard to reach groups. Our aim is to establish sustainable community hubs that provide year-round weekly sessions with a focus on developing crucial life skills and tackling issues that are prevalent to the local community.
Wicketz will tackle issues that negatively affect its participants and communities. Through sport, it will improve prospects of participants by developing their social and personal skills such as leadership, communication and self-esteem.
Said Henry Hazlewood, Head of Cricket Programmes “The long-term goal is to create a sustainable club environment focused on the wellbeing of its participants and local communities, and to leave a legacy beyond the funding cycle of the programme. Often in the areas of high deprivation that we are working, there is a distinct lack of green space. Wicketz needs this green space to try and establish a ‘home’ for Wicketz in the community. By providing 2G Flicx pitches to some of these communities it will enable us to build a thriving community hub that has long-term prospects. The Flicx pitches will enable us to do more and give the opportunity to more young people from these areas that need sporting provision the most.”
If your charity, County Board or organisation has a similar requirement, do get in touch with us – call 01295 816765 or request a quote for a multi-aged pitch click here.
A complete list of the #AskAsh vlogs
- Episode 13 | Growing Cricket in Schools with the Surrey Cricket Foundation (Click Here)
- Episode 12 | 2G Flicx Pitch big hits of 2018 (Click Here)
- Episode 11 | How to get your 2G Flicx Pitch to flatten more quickly (Click Here)
- Episode 10 | Clipping a 2G Flicx Pitch together (Click Here)
- Episode 9 | Fundraising and Cricket Uruguay (Click Here)
- Episode 8 | How long does a 2G Flicx Pitch last? (Click Here)
- Episode 7 | Transporting and Storing a 2G Flicx Pitch (Click Here)
- Episode 6 | Wicketz Community Cricket Program (Click Here)
- Episode 5 | Your logo printed on a cricket pitch! (Click Here)
- Episode 4 | Coaching Cricket on the 2G Flicx Skills Pitch (Click Here)
- Episode 3 | Preparing your ground for the new Cricket season (Click Here)
- Episode 2 | Ideas to boost junior cricket participation (Click Here)
- Episode 1 | How to use the 2G Flicx Pitch for Indoor Winter Nets (Click Here)