The 2G Flicx Pitch is a surface choice for hundreds of schools around the country and globally both for senior and junior cricket matches and training. With the 2G Flicx Pitch being so versatile, you can use it for hard or soft ball cricket both indoors and outdoors. Especially popular with schools is our new MAP pitch (Multi-Age Pitch) which can cater for different ages on the same pitch just by moving the stumps to 18,16 or 14 metres lengths as well as our coaching pitches with coloured coded target tiles for skill development both with batters and bowlers.
Applications of the 2G Flicx Pitch in schools include
- To create additional playing facilities by converting existing Football, Rugby fields into cricketing venues
- To protect the main square for the first team by using the 2G Flicx pitch for 3rd’s 4ths and junior teams simply by rolling out on top of the square protecting the wicket.
- Rolled out over synthetic turf pitches to play cricket
- In the sports hall or gymnasium for Winter Indoor Nets (more)
- To create additional capacity for 2nd, 3rd, 4th teams, girls’ cricket programmes
“The 2G Flicx Pitch will enable us to play cricket where we couldn’t before. It was easy to set up and gives a good playing surface for our students to practice and play matches on, increasing our participation greatly”. The plan is now for further 2G Flicx Pitches at this venue to create a hub which will be accessed by local cricket clubs and the community” Paul Harrison, William Perkins School
“The 2G Flicx skills pitch has been a fantastic addition for our cricketers for their winter training. Both batters and bowlers have benefited from more visual cues and targets, both individually and against each other. For our coaches it creates lots of opportunities to create challenges for bowlers and batsmen, as well as making it easier to judge where the ball pitched more easily”- Simon Francis, Warwick School
Read More School Case Studies