The 2G Flicx 7.5m Skills Batting End is our most popular size for home training
Use with a cricket net or for backyard games, this 2G Flicx Pitch is perfect for all round cricket practice! It is supplied in a roll, so is easy to move and soft when rolling out.
Set up with a bowling machine or have a teammate feed throwdowns – leather balls, tapeballs, tennis balls and cricket balls are all suitable for use on the 2G Flicx surface! This pitch comes with a traditional green match design with in built crease markings, plus our 3 colour coded coaching zones to aid batting decision making.
Do you already know what you are looking for?
If you are ready to order and are UK based, simply add this product choice to your cart. We aim to dispatch orders with 5 working days. An invoice will be generated on payment confirmation.
Not from the U.K?Get a Quote
Flicx are proud to present the 2G Flicx Pitch range for 2020/21
7.5m Junior Skills Batting End Information
- Size – 7.5m (Length) x 1.6m (Width)
- Weight – 1 roll x 44kg
- Strap – 2 x Strap to secure
- Colours – Green base, grey strip, yellow & blue targets
- Crease lines – White lines built in with green ramp tiles both ends
- Trolley – Not included (Can be added to your order)
- Included – Gloves, Installation Guide and 6 Steps to Success
The 7.5m Junior Skills Batting End is the ideal and most popular surface to practice your cricket at home!
What you need is a firm, flat base to roll the pitch out on. If you are rolling onto grass, read our installation advice but the main thing is to cut the grass to 15mm and flatten any high or low areas.
The under surface must be firm with no high spots or divots, so the pitch sits flush to the under surface which will give you a consistent and realistic bounce to practice batting and bowling on with no damage to the lawn underneath.
We recommend using the 7.5m Junior Skills Batting End as a roll out and roll up solution to your cricket needs. To maintain optimal bounce and performance, it is best to regularly cut the grass beneath the 2G Flicx Pitch to 15mm.
Some users prefer to prepare a structural base instead (learn more) or you can roll on top of other base surfaces including astro or concrete (NB – may require a shock pad)
Not from the U.K?Get a Quote
- The 7.5m Junior Skills Batting End is made using small interlocking thermo-plastic tiles made from Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE). The LDPE material is specifically designed and chemically formulated for heavy duty performance and is perfectly suited for cricket use. The pitch gives you excellent grip under foot and traction for both spin and pace bowlers, as well as for use with all bowling machines.
- The giving nature of the pitch tiles provide cushioning support to prevent fatigue and reduce the risk of injuries, whilst also giving a consistent and reliable bounce for both bowlers and batsmen allowing you to play your shots in confidence and hut the pitch hard.
- All tiles are UV-Protected with 5 years colourfast stabilisation and are able to withstand all weather extremes. The small textures tiles are also self-draining, allowing water to flow through to the ground underneath and encourage growth of grass beneath the pitch – Flicx pitches prevent damage to the grass or wicket beneath it, whether it be on placed in the garden at home, on the outfield or on the main square! Extend your season and create more opportunities to play cricket!
- Flicx Pitches are lightweight and portable enough for both indoor and outdoor cricket use, plus hardball and softball formats! 2G Flicx Pitch surface meets the Sports Council Draft ‘Specification for Artificial Sports Surfaces’ as well as also meeting British Standards for Critical Fall Heights and Fire Rating.
- As the 7.5m Junior Skills Batting End is modular in its production, it is easy to extend or replace part of your 2G Flicx Pitch in the future if you choose to do so.
For any further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or jump on our LIVE CHAT. If you are ready to order – just add to your cart at the top of the page!
NOT FROM THE UK?
Unfortunately, online orders for a 2G Flicx Pitch cannot currently be placed from outside the UK due to variances in shipping prices and VAT.
If you are interested in a bespoke quote delivery to your location, please speak to one of our team today or complete this form. Thank you.Get a Quote Today
What our Clients say...
“The kids absolutely loved playing on the 2G Flicx pitches with parents and families all wanting to take photos! If it wasn’t for the pitches our tour would not have been the success that it was and the team here at the Sixers will be utilising them further with our community events, clinics and for our Fan Day here at the SCG and throughout the season”
Liz McPherson, Fan, Activation and Community Manager, Sydney Sixers, Australia
“The 2G Flicx Skills Pitch has been a fantastic addition for our cricketers for their winter training. Both batters and bowlers have benefited from more visual cues and targets, both individually and against each other”
Simon Francis, Warwick School
“Flicx is more than just a cricket pitch, it’s an enabler to change lives. The standard of batting from the Timor-Leste players has improved significantly in just the short time we have been using the pitch”
Mark Young, Timor- Leste Cricket
“Our 2G Flicx Pitch is really good. Our bowlers really like it and we have achieved considerable success this season with the bat. Playing on a Flicx Pitch is a really great and cost-effective option for us and we are very happy with the pitches performance”
Soundar Alagesan, CCB Bayern
“We chose the 2G Flicx Pitch because it’s a portable solution and means Novel Sports can set up a cricket experience centre at various locations for all to enjoy. We have already found that kids are very motivated to play on artificial surfaces such as the Flicx Pitch as it offers a good bounce and spin”
Duane Zaheer Lall, Novel Sports (Trinidad)
“Our new pitch allows an even playing field for the batsman and bowlers, helps the youngsters develop their skills as well as provides a set-up for adults to hone their skills. We truly believe that the 2G Flicx is to play a catalyst for us as a club to reach one of our true goals and that is to create opportunities for more people to enjoy the global game!!”
Utah Lions, USA
“With no groundsman or expertise to prepare grass wickets, a drop-in pitch made a lot of sense for us. The 2G Flicx Pitch has absolutely TRANSFORMED THE STANDARD of cricket that we can teach and means we also now play matches against other schools. It has also pushed our better cricketers who no longer have to rely on a makeshift, bobbly football pitch.”
Mark Costin, Sacred Heart School, Battersea
“The versatility of this product allows Middlesex Cricket to take the game to communities where there is poor or low provision of cricket pitches, it also allows us to increase playing sites in London where green space is in high demand and unfortunately reducing!
Katie Berry, Middlesex Cricket
“Bute County fully endorse the obvious logic in purchasing a Flicx 2G wicket. The benefits are numerous and it’s very easy for two people to transport and then quickly roll out to get the game started.”
David Mackay, former chairman of Bute County CC
Get a quote for your Flicx Pitch
Please fill in your details below to receive a quote.
Download your free copy of the 2020/21 2G Flicx Pitch Brochure
Fill in your details below to get your brochure download with detailed information on the products performance and design options for the world’s most versatile cricket pitch. If you are researching whether the 2G Flicx Pitch is the right solution for your club, school or garden, then this is the document you need.