Preparing your ground for the new Cricket season #AskAsh Episode 3
As it’s currently pre-season for clubs and schools in the UK and northern hemisphere, this episode of #AskAsh covers what you need to do in terms of preparing your ground ahead of laying a 2G Flicx Pitch ahead of the new cricket season …
The advice from Flicx UK Business Development Manager Ashley Appleby in this episode centres around the application of a 2G Flicx Pitch on grass. Particularly covering how to use it to add facilities to an existing ground for example, using the 2G Flicx Pitch as a second wicket to extend the cricket season (see Bute CCC case study for an example of a club in Scotland using our product as an all weather solution) and also when rolling out the 2G Flicx Pitch on the outfield for nets or to host multiple junior cricket matches. In terms of installing, the 2G Flicx Pitch is very quick and easy to use and if you follow the five pointers below you can achieve a realistic playing surface when laying it on grass…
1. IDENTIFY | Select a firm, flat area 22 x 2m on your grass field where you lay your 2G Flicx Pitch. Put on your gloves.
2. PREPARE | Cut the grass short in this area. Grass should be cut to 10-15mm with shorter grass giving you optimum performance Fill all diverts with a similar compact-able soil to the base surface and level off any high spots. Rolling is recommended for optimum
performance before each use.
3. PLACE | Position your two strapped pitch rolls in the middle of the strip. The 2G Flicx Match Pitch is rolled from the middle to the two opposite creases so place both rolls parallel to each other with the ends facing each other and remove the straps. Do not unroll the
4. ROLL OUT | Make fine adjustments to align the connectors. This should be done when the two sections are still rolled up. Once all the connectors are correctly positioned, clip the two batting ends together. Roll the two batting ends out from the middle to the creases.
5. WAIT | Your 2G Flicx Pitch needs time to settle. We advise rolling out your 2G Flicx Pitch 30-45 minutes prior to each use. Failure to do this may result in low, uneven bounce at the start of play.
By following these steps when preparing your ground, you will create a very good playing surface for your games and training.
A complete list of the #AskAsh vlogs
- Episode 13 | Growing Cricket in Schools with the Surrey Cricket Foundation (Click Here)
- Episode 12 | 2G Flicx Pitch big hits of 2018 (Click Here)
- Episode 11 | How to get your 2G Flicx Pitch to flatten more quickly (Click Here)
- Episode 10 | Clipping a 2G Flicx Pitch together (Click Here)
- Episode 9 | Fundraising and Cricket Uruguay (Click Here)
- Episode 8 | How long does a 2G Flicx Pitch last? (Click Here)
- Episode 7 | Transporting and Storing a 2G Flicx Pitch (Click Here)
- Episode 6 | Wicketz Community Cricket Program (Click Here)
- Episode 5 | Your logo printed on a cricket pitch! (Click Here)
- Episode 4 | Coaching Cricket on the 2G Flicx Skills Pitch (Click Here)
- Episode 3 | Preparing your ground for the new Cricket season (Click Here)
- Episode 2 | Ideas to boost junior cricket participation (Click Here)
- Episode 1 | How to use the 2G Flicx Pitch for Indoor Winter Nets (Click Here)