Get set for a better indoor cricket nets with the 2G Flicx Pitch
Is your club or school looking for better indoor cricket nets surface? With the county sides now returning for pre-season and top cricketing schools already making plans for the 2019 season, attention turns to winter nets. As the world’s most versatile cricket pitch solution, the new and improved 2G Flicx Pitch performs really well indoors and many top venues have already made the switch over from traditional cricket matting.
Top 8 reasons why the 2G Flicx Pitch is a better indoor cricket nets solution …
- Improved bounce even on sprung floors over conventional matting
- Offers realistic turn and seam movement for bowlers
- Ball comes onto the bat encouraging stroke play
- Easy to roll up and store away (can be roll out by one person using the Flicx Safety Trolley)
- Uses less storage space, only ½ sq meter for 2 batting ends.
- Coaching pitches aid player development with focused colour coded zones
- Hard wearing, with correct use and care the 2G Flicx pitch is expected to last 5-10 years
- No taping required, the pitch won’t move… simply roll it out and play
One school to recently purchase 2G Flicx Pitches for both their indoor and outdoor programmes is Warwick School. Says Head of Cricket Simon Francis “The 2G Flicx skills pitch has been a fantastic addition for our cricketers for their winter training. Both batters and bowlers have benefited from more visual cues and targets, both individually and against each other. For our coaches it creates lots of opportunities to create challenges for bowlers and batsmen, as well as making it easier to judge where the ball pitched more easily. It has created excitement for the young bowlers as something new and interesting to interact with”
As well as in sportshalls with wooden sprung floors, the 2G Flicx Pitch can also be used in indoor football centres where 3G rubbercrumb surfaces are laid. This is a particularly popular application for indoor cricket leagues.
IMPORTANT | Remember the 2G Flicx Pitches are supplied in two half pitch batting rolls so one pitch is two batting ends for your indoor centre or sportshall. It’s important to follow a few key guidelines with regards to getting maximum performance from your pitch including storing the two rolls separately rolled up tightly on their ends.