Does your Club or School need an indoor cricket nets solution this winter? The 2G Flicx Pitch could be your saviour this Christmas! For many cricket enthusiasts, the winter season see’s the start of preparations for the new cricket season with many heading indoors for winter nets. However due to COVID restrictions around the number of 6 playing sport indoors, as well as facility closures or restrictions, many Clubs are not able to run indoor cricket nets this winter.
This puts pressure on outdoor facilities, grass space and net facilities; 2G Flicx Pitch could be the solution to saving your indoor cricket nets this winter by expanding capacity and opening outdoor facility opportunities.
The benefits of using the 2G Flicx Pitch for Cricket Nets (Indoor & Outdoor)
- Increased ball bounce for slower bowlers (and it takes spin too)
- Open up new possibilities, like using a floodlight astro, grass area, tennis court etc
- The pitch has great longevity – and doesn’t need replacing yearly like synthetic mats
- The 2G Flicx Pitch can be rolled up and stored on their ends which frees up space
- Rolls out flat without any waves so again you can be sure of a consistent bounce and a safe surface on which to train
- Customers can choose from either a traditional green batting end OR a coaching design to develop skills of younger players
- Schools and clubs can add their branding to the 2G Flicx Pitch OR a sponsors logo can be added to help you fund the purchase
Check out our most recent blog on how Eastbourne CC convert a floodlight hockey astro into a Junior T20 arena during weeknights!
Junior T20 cricket matches on a hockey astro | Eastbourne CC
The photo’s above were taken by Simon Francis, Master in charge of Cricket at Warwick School. Warwick School purchased two 2G Flicx Skills batting ends at the end of 2016 to roll out over their sprung sportshall floor. For the first time, they were able to host the district trials and Francis has noticed a big improvement in the quality of their programme.
“The 2G Flicx skills pitch has been a fantastic addition for our cricketers for their winter training. Both batters and bowlers have benefited from more visual cues and targets, both individually and against each other. For our coaches it creates lots of opportunities to create challenges for bowlers and batsmen, as well as making it easier to judge where the ball pitched more easily. It has created excitement for the young bowlers as something new and interesting to interact with. We are looking forward to using these for our practices and cricket matches in the summer”
With Flicx being the world’s most versatile cricket pitch, the same pitch that you use indoors to upgrade your winter net facilities can also be used outside in the summer. Link two matting ends together to create a full pitch or lay them on the outfield to increase your junior capacity. Roll them out in the nets or on an artificial pitch to convert it into a cricketing venue – the options are vast and very little preparation and maintenance is required.