Ideas to extend the cricket season with Flicx
Is your club or school looking to extend the cricket season?? With lockdown restrictions starting to ease in all corners of the globe, thoughts start to turn towards cricket and the games decision makers at all levels are needing to think creatively to find new solutions to fit into the “social distancing” guidelines we now operate within.
With the 2G Flicx Pitch, its versatility is a game changer for clubs and schools with many customers already benefiting from splitting their full match pitches into two half pitch batting ends to create additional lane facilities to create more training nets aside existing bays or rolled out on the outfield to create further bays to allow more players to return to nets. In the UK for example, this is the only cricket activity permitted for recreational cricket currently (read more). So for clubs offering this facility to its members, the 2G Flicx Pitch allows players to get the practice overs in, to be ahead of the game.
Given that in the northern hemisphere the early part of the season has already been missed due to COVID 19, attention turns to how clubs and schools could extend their cricket season with some suggesting adult and junior leagues could run into September and October. However, that is likely to come with facility clashes and capacity challenges with pitches, parks, fields, open spaces, and grounds teams’ priorities challenged!
Cricket wickets could see a lot of traffic and clubs might struggle to house all their men’s, ladies, junior fixtures and training sessions – All whilst maintaining the quality of the surface. The 2G Flicx Pitch has been providing facility solutions for over 20 years and could not be more vital than in the current climate.
The 2G Flicx Pitch is a quality, roll out, temporary wicket that enables you to create additional spaces to play and train. The list below is not exhaustive, but includes some of the ways you can use the 2G Flicx Pitch to extend your cricket season:
- To convert football or rugby pitches into an instant cricket field (simply roll out on a flat, level surface and you have a game *see preparation advice on grass)
- To convert a synthetic hockey or 3G football pitch into a cricket venue
- As a second square to host additional teams on your main oval but protecting the primary turf wicket
- As an extra practice wicket for training (see case study)
- Split into half pitches or batting ends to host small sided games or junior matches on the outfield or at other venues (roll out on various base surfaces)
- To create additional net facilities (2 match pitches create 4 additional 10m net bays)
- To allow you to play and train when rain would prevent a main square for being played on – (see Bute CCC Case Study)
We have started to receive orders of this nature this week from schools and clubs – and with Flicx you get the added piece of mind of a 5-year warranty and our new Money Back Guarantee (learn more). If you are looking for performance advice or support with your cricket facilities – do get in touch with us on 01295 816765 or email email@example.com