Installation Information and Guide
Before you use your new 2G Flicx Pitch it’s important to read our Installation Guide in full as it contains lots of top tips to help you get the most from your new pitch. The guidance in the Installation Guide PDF covers…
- Installing your 2G Flicx Pitch
- Preparation required on different under surfaces
- Moving and storing your pitch
- Rolling out and back up your pitch correctly
- Maintenance advice
TO GET THE BEST PERFORMANCE OUT OF YOUR 2G FLICX PITCH ALWAYS ENSURE IT IS ROLLED OUT ON A FIRM, FLAT SURFACE
Follow these steps when installing your pitch to ensure a consistent bounce. When installing on grass follow all the steps; when using your pitch on other under surfaces such as wooden sprung floors, 3G and other synthetic surfaces, sand, concrete and asphalt, start the installation process at step three.
- IDENTIFY | Select a firm, flat area 22 x 2m on your grass field where you lay your 2G Flicx Pitch. Put on your gloves.
- PREPARE | Cut the grass short in this area. Grass should be cut to 10-15mm with shorter grass giving you optimum performance Fill all diverts with a similar compact-able soil to the base surface and level off any high spots. Rolling is recommended for optimum performance before each use.
- PLACE | Position your two strapped pitch rolls in the middle of the strip. The 2G Flicx Match Pitch is rolled from the middle to the two opposite creases so place both rolls parallel to each other with the ends facing each other and remove the straps. Do not unroll the pitch.
- ROLL OUT | Make fine adjustments to align the connectors. This should be done when the two sections are still rolled up. Once all the connectors are correctly positioned, clip the two batting ends together. Roll the two batting ends out from the middle to the creases.
- WAIT | Your 2G Flicx Pitch needs time to settle. We advise rolling out your 2G Flicx Pitch 30-45 minutes prior to each use. Failure to do this may result in low, uneven bounce at the start of play.
TOP TIPS TO GET THE BEST PITCH PERFORMANCE
- Store your 2G Flicx Pitch upright on it’s end using two straps per roll
- Be sure to identify a firm flat area where you intend to use the pitch
- When using on grass, cut the grass short beforehand
- Uneven ground may need rolling before play especially at the start of the season if the field was used for other sports eg. Football
- Be sure to allow your pitch to settle (30-45 minutes)
Download the 2G Flicx Pitch Installation Guide http://flicx.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Installation-Guide-2018-WEB.pdf or call us on +44(0)1295 816765 if you have any further questions or queries