Accommodate extra cricket demand with 2G Flicx Pitch (Back to School 2019)
If your school is needing to accommodate extra demand or create extra space, wickets or facilities for new cricket teams at your school this academic year, take a look at how many primary and senior schools worldwide are turning to 2G Flicx Pitches to help them grow the game.
With many schools experiencing more demand for cricket including the rapid growth of the girls game, facilities are often a challenging element especially for those schools with no or insufficient numbers of maintained turf wickets. For schools without a specialist in-house grounds-person, the cost of creating a suitable playing surface has been a barrier to play but with Flicx, the worlds most versatile, portable roll out cricket wicket, there are so many ways which you can use the pitch to start new cricketing programmes or improve the quality of existing ones.
Schools are using 2G Flicx Pitches for the following applications (list not exhaustive)
- To convert grass football or rugby fields into cricket pitches in the summer. An suitable area is identified, the grass is cut very short and rolled if possible before the 2G Flicx Pitch is rolled out
- To convert a synthetic field/ astro/rubbercrumb/NTP into a cricketing venue. Just roll it out and play (NB – Some 4G synthetics are not compatible with Flicx Pitches)
- Rolled out on the playground
- In the nets – to either create additional batting areas or to go over worn or under performing astro nets at a fraction of the cost
- Indoors in a sportshall for winter nets, indoor cricket
- Rolled out on the outfield to create multiple junior games, host cricket festivals etc
- As a second square to ease pressure on your main square
The benefits of using our new and improved 2G Flicx product are vast and include
- Good bounce, grip and pitch performance; a much higher quality match or training session!
- One pitch, multiple applications
- Versatile! Suitable outdoors, indoors for juniors or seniors, hardball or softball cricket
- Excellent value for money
- Realistic and comparable to the feel of a “turf wicket”
- Portable – move your pitch around easily with the Flicx Safety Trolley
- 1 Match Pitch comes as 2 Batting Ends (for nets / on the outfield/ indoors etc) just clip it together in the middle to make your full pitch
- Made to order in the UK with your choice of size including bespoke options
- Bright colourful coaching designs excite younger players and help them develop their batting and bowling skills
- Logo and pitch branding options available
In the last school year with have supplied a large number of schools in the UK and overseas including many schools ordering their second or third pitch from us. ( Orders in the past month or so have included Tanglin Trust School in Singapore, Elms School near Malvern, Woodmansterne Primary School in Surrey, Gosforth Junior High Academy near Newcastle, Noble International School in Portugal, Bournes Green Junior School in Southend, Chiswick Community School in London and Babalake School in Coventry) Flicx Pitches are hugely durable and with minimal maintenance required.
So if your school needs to accommodate extra cricket demand this school year, take a look at our 6 Steps to Success video and PDF download Six steps to success with the 2G Flicx Pitch to learn how to use the product and get the most for it; plus we have various testimonials and case studies from the education sector for extra information
- HOW THE 2G FLICX PITCH CAN HELP SCHOOLS EXPAND EXISTING OR CREATE NEW CRICKET FACILITIES (More)
- THE MAGIC OF MAP … YOUR CHOICE OF CREASE LENGTHS IN A PITCH FOR ALL AGE GROUPS (More)
- WILLIAM PERKIN SCHOOL HOST THEIR FIRST EVER GAME OF CRICKET (More)
- ARE WINTER NET FACILITIES LEAVING YOU STUMPED?? (More)
“It’s absolutely transformed the standard of cricket that we can teach and means we can now host matches against other schools.”- Mark Costin, Sacred Heart School (Battersea)
View our range of 2G Flicx Pitches and place your order online if you are in the UK or contact us via email@example.com for an official quote. Alternately call our team for expert advice, product recommendations or ground preparation guidance on +44(0)1295 816765